Wednesday, May 14, 2008

mild salsa sisterhood



To the most loving and kind and precious sisters in the world!!! I love you each so much and am so thankful to God for each one of you! Liz, you have been a huge example of caring for others. I remember one night when we lived in our town house and it was just you and me home, you had a TON of homework to do and i wanted to spend time with you...so, you took time away from your mound of school and made smoothies for us and we listened to Point of Grace music together! I'll never forget that night...it made a huge impression on me! I know it is a huge blessing to mom and the rest of the family that you help with making meals while mom's leg is healing! A few months ago, you also showed me so much care when you lovingly brought an observation to me! Your demonstration of joy, trust in God, and submission to God's will for your life are just a few evidences of the wonderful fruit in your life! I am so grateful for you! Kate, you inspire me by your close walk with God. I love it when you post on your blog or tell me on the phone how grateful you are for the big and small things God is doing in your life! you remind me to take advantage of the gift that each day is and not live like life is just the same old routine every week. Your love, care and loyalty to Clay are such an example to me, and -now that I am a wife, too- i am very thankful for a humble example like you to follow! Jord and I love hangin with you and Stanger! Jappy, you are my sunshine. Your love for God and strong desire to honor Him makes my heart rejoice! I have loved growing up as "the younger two" and learning from you even though you are "the younger one". One thing that i am so grateful for is your tender heart! When we would get in fights, we would both be mad and i would want to quickly make up...but, you would really think about your sin and come crying to me repenting and asking forgiveness! That has made me want to be more concerned about the sin in my heart toward God, than even making up quickly. 
You each mean so much to me and I love you so much!!!! 

1 comment:

Kate Van said...

wow nell, thanks for that thoughtful encouragement! what a wonderful thing it is to KNOW JESUS!!!