Tuesday, May 26, 2009

baby track no.6

"I give you sleep"


Hands up
almost to weak to surrender
let your eyelids drop like your tears
and your pretty toys

the curtains
make the sun so blind and
then your mind is made up
when you realize - you can't fight

So sleep. I give you sleep

Your lashes
flutter with your baby dreams
oh I wish I could be there
singin' at your side

I'm so tired
yet I could sit and stare back
at your beauty all night
but I let you go

So, sleep. I give you sleep

gone for a little while
sleep in your baby style
hands flat like stars
up by your face
Cradle at my hand
your cry's like my command
when you break
out of your peace

So, sleep. I give you sleep.
but if you wake I'll comfort you and hold you till you fall back
asleep. I give you sleep


Music and Lyrics written by J'Nelle W. Smith May 27, 2009 (all rights reserved)

No comments: