Sunday, February 15, 2009

TRACK #4!!!!

Hello... this is my Alicia Keys track of sorts!! a little smooth R&B sound / lullaby feel. It also almost feels like a waltz. the idea for the song was inspired when Mom Smith said "you want your children to be dazzled by the Lord". so, this song starts in a minor (of course) but is actually in the key of G, so it resolves to a major chord for a sweet, uplifting, almost cheerful tone!
please enjoy!
Dazzled By You Feb.15, 2009

"I want to be dazzled by you Lord
not by anything in this whole world

Let my eyes light up at your grace and love
Let my heart skip a beat when I hear your name called

and Let my longings and strivings and cravings be for you
and then my happiness will all be true

I want to dwell in your house, O Lord
always, always
Dance in your courts, O Lord
i want to stay, always
Safe in your hands, O Lord
and satisfied in your love"

Music and Lyrics by J'Nelle Wenhardt Smith (all rights reserved)
Can't wait to teach da little baby this one! (well, for jord's sake---Babies)
night! thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Coleman Elizabeth said...

Ooooh Nelly I can't wait to hear these.... Love you!

Wasko Family said...

All of the songs are so beautifully written!! I can't wait to hear them! Can i have a cd when it's done? =)

Stef

Nelly said...

Sure!