Saturday, February 14, 2009

SECOND TRACK!!!

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!! Well, Jord and I just celebrated our last Valentine's Day without children (Lord Willing!:) It was so much fun!! the day started with a wonderful baby shower for my sis Kate at Mom Smith's, then we went to Mag's game and got to sing the National Anthem. It was great till the end when I totally messed up the finale note. Not Cool. But good playin' sis!! then me and Myboy got Carrabas take out, and ate at home. then he surprised me at the mall and told me i could get a whole work out outfit and running shoes!!  we ate some dark chocolate, ran into kate and clay at the mall, then headed home. we were going to record soundtrack no.1, but are too tired.SOOOOOOOOO.....

......I will have to just keep you interested in the lyrics to these pieces for now! please enjoy reading the lyrics to track no.2!! This song was finished today. I guess to sort of keep with the theme for the soundtrack, it's in a minor again, although it's the a minor harmonic scale so I play with E major quite a bit in this piece.in 2/4 time signature.

                             We're Shipwrecked (Feb. 14, 2009)

"Keep, keep lovin away
cause love never fails
Storms blow through, love stays
cause love is the wind in our sails

We're shipwrecked- you know that, right?
midnight sounds the alarm
But something, tells me we're alright
Still wrapped in eachothers arms"

simple, poetic, old-timey, and strangely light-hearted, this is sort of a breather from the first song, which is a long one. Jord and I think this one is perhaps best suited for guitar and his voice, but we shall see. 


Lyrics and music by J'Nelle Wenhardt Smith (all rights reserved)

hope you have a wonderful night!

3 comments:

My name is Courtney. said...

Hello! I am sooo thrilled to hear that you're pregnant :) COngratulations! When are you due?
Smiles,
Courtney

Nelly said...

I am not sure yet, my appointment is on feb. 25, so I will find out the due date then! we are thrilled.
hope you are doing well!!!!
J'Nelle

Nelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.